Can I claim?
When a cyclist has an accident on the road more often than not a vehicle is involved.
Across the UK around 19,000 cyclists are killed or injured in accidents every year, and around 75% of fatal or serious cycle injuries occur in urban areas. With such an overwhelming figure affecting the cycling community, it’s our duty to ensure that you’re properly represented and that we get you back on your bike as quickly as possible.
So, how can we help? If you’ve been involved in an accident with a vehicle at any time in the last three years you could be entitled to claim compensation.
Here are some of the most common cycling accidents that have resulted in successful claims:
- A vehicle has collided with you whilst overtaking or hits you from behind
- A Heavy Goods Vehicle fails to see you on the road
- A motorist pulls out from a side of the road
- A vehicle turns right across your path
- A vehicle overtakes you and then turns left
- A motorist moves into your cycle path
As every case is different, we always encourage clients to speak to us directly and as soon as possible following an accident. If you think you could be entitled to compensation, speak to our specialist cycle team on 01942 402 404, or use our online claims form to tell us more and we’ll get in touch with you.